ATMC Community Grants
As a cooperative, ATMC is dedicated to helping improve the communities we serve. Each year, ATMC awards $35,000 to the numerous causes and worthwhile organizations that make a positive difference in the lives of local resident’s through our Community Grant Program. We’ve awarded more than $705,000 to over 440 programs touching thousands of lives
Applications for Community Grants are due each year in February. Funds will be awarded in the spring. For more information, call 910-755-1677.
Read Guidelines, Criteria & Exclusions
- Community Connections community grants must directly benefit residents in Brunswick County or Columbus County.
- Smart Connections education grants must directly benefit residents in Brunswick County or areas served by ATMC in Columbus County.
- Maximum request is $2,500.
- Funds are disbursed for single-use and must be expended within one year of receipt.
- Grants are open to nonprofit/educational organizations or educators in ATMC’s service area or one in another county offering a program benefiting local residents. 100% of the funds must be used to benefit residents in ATMC’s service area.
- An organization may apply once per 12-month period.
Grant funds will not be available for the following: religious organizations or activities, political organizations or activities, capital campaigns, individuals, beauty pageants, scholarships; advertising, fraternal organizations, sponsorship of fund-raising events (such as raffles, auctions, walk-a-thons or telethons); general operating funds, payments to individuals for services, endowments and labor organizations. In addition, grants will not be issued to groups or organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, disability or status as a protected veteran.
2019 Community Grant Recipients
Assistance League of Greater Wilmington
Boiling Spring Lakes Fire & Rescue
Brunswick County Fishing Club
Brunswick Search and Rescue Team
Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc.
Cedar Grove Improvement Association
Friends of the Library Southport Oak Island
Friends of the Library at Southwest
Brunswick Branch Library
Helpers of the Farm, Hope Harbor Home
Jack Helbig Memorial Foundation
Lower Cape Fear Hospice
Power Walking Ministries
Roosevelt and Ruth Marlow Education & Recreational Foundation
Smart Start Brunswick County
South Brunswick Interchurch Council
Stand Against Trafficking USA, Inc.
The L.C. Outreach Project
Towncreek Vision Corporation
WAVES 4 KIDS
Waterway Art Association